Katelynn and I made some fresh bread last Tuesday and boy oh boy was it fun...and tasty!! Making bread isn't really a "crafty" thing but it sure is a good thing to know. I grew up watching my mom make bread at least once a week and when I was old enough she let me help...kind of like what Katelynn is doing now. When I moved away to college my mom gave me a big (huge is a better word to describe how big it was) plastic bowl and said "here is your bread maker". I have used that bowl ever since...and it works just fine for me.
Katelynn was a good helper and she did a great job mixing it all together. I think her favorite part was playing in the dough :)

Here she is with her tiny loaf of bread that she mixed and put into the pan herself. What a good little bread maker she is :)
This batch of dough made about 6 loaves. I think it is the best I have made yet. I had a great teacher teach me, thanks mom for always having fresh hot bread to warm our tummies and home while we were growing up!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun idea for kids: save a few tuna cans, and then when you make bread, let them make their own loaves with you! Maybe even let them experiment with things like cheese on top or inside and other things they might think to add. :-) See - told you I read this!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteOhhh...great idea! I'll do that next time. Thanks Mel.
ReplyDeleteP.S. - Can you send me your recipe?
ReplyDelete