Sunday, November 8, 2009

Menu Makeover

~ CRAB CAKES ~
I tried a new recipe to add some ZEST to our menu. They turned out really good! I got the recipe from MarthaStewart.com here is the link
I tweaked the ingredients a little to suit our family's tastes. Instead of breadcrumbs (we didn't have any) I used some white bread I had chopped up in my Pampered Chef chopper I also added crushed up saltines because I didn't have enough bread slices to make 3/4 cup.
You make due with what ya got, right!
I skipped on the hot peppers because my hubby doesn't do "hot" but I did add the cayenne pepper which was just perfect on the flavor scale. Another difference was that I used canned crab meat, I wanted to see how it went over the first time before I went a little more spendy on the "good" crab meat.
With all of those changes they turned out great!
I Loved them and my little one year old gobbled them up!
Good job I say...it is worth a pat on the back! Another successful adventure.
Happy Cooking :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not a drinker so I don't know how to pair wine with food BUT I did discover by accident that a purple grape juice was a good compliment to this meal. Go figure :)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, these sound really good! I would need to make something else so that the rest of the family would have something to eat, although, I would like them to try the patties at least once. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete