Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bathtime Hoodie

I made this cute little bath towel/ hoodie for my little one year old's first birthday. I made her one because she was always shivering when I got her out of the bathtub. I saw a little kid wearing one of these after swimming lessons this summer and I asked the kids mom what it was made of and how it was made. It only takes a bath towel and a washcloth for the hood plus whatever extras you want to add to it. I think the one I originally saw had little bear ears on it, SUPER CUTE!
This is my version of what I saw. I bought a towel for $1.50 and a washcloth for $1.00 and used some little pieces I had at home for accent. I sewed the accents on first to both the washcloth and the towel. Then I folded the washcloth about 3/4 of the way down and sewed the sides together to make a hood which I tweaked a little by sewing the corners at a diagonal to make it look "rounded" to fit her head.

I attached the unfinished edge of the washcloth to the middle
of a long side of the towel and VOILA!

It is super easy to make and works wonders!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to prewash the fabric and I was afraid that it would shrink but I was lucky and it didn't.

    ReplyDelete