Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why the Crafting Blog you ask? Here is a look back...

When I started this blog back in 2009, this was the first post:

**~**~**~**~**~**~**
Hello~

This blog is a new adventure for me and I hope you are along for the ride.

I love to create and am truly the happiest when I see something in my mind and then give it shape and form through paper or fabric or whatever I find in my hands. This blog is a COLLECTION of my projects, creations, and thoughts as I learn a little bit more about myself and what my talents are and what they can be. I invite you along for the journey and hope you find some inspiration or even just a smile along the way.

~Sincerely Sarah
 
**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
It is nice to reflect and see the fun things I have created so far. Not all of my creations made it to this blog, a lot of them were made and given away before I took pictures to post and many more were started and then tucked away to be finished another day. I hope that those of you who stop and take a look around my blog will see beautiful works of art and opportunities to learn and grow (like when I made the edible arrangements, that was definitely a learning experience) and realize you can and do make your own wonderful creations in life. For some of you, your creation might be an organization system that makes your house run smoother and for others it might be a wonderful meal plan that incorporates healthy and fun foods into one great menu. What ever it is you create, I hope you find some "inspiration or even just a smile along the way". Thanks for stopping by.
 
Here is one of my recent projects, I started it over a year (or maybe two years) ago when I bought some scraps of fabric on sale. It isn't too fancy but it was fun piecing it together without any pattern or idea how big it was going to turn out. After much consultation with my sisters, I cut and pieced the top together and then my mother and I put the top and bottom together and hand quilted it. I made the binding (out of scraps from the top) and it sat in my closet of unfinished projects until a few days ago when I pulled it out and finished off the binding. I gave it away to a friend who is having a baby girl and am glad it found a nice home.
 

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. That is very cute, Sarah! Good job finishing it! Makes me want to try making a quilt. :) Good job on the binding, too.

    ReplyDelete