Here is a list of veggies I used:
*carrots
*radishes
*sweet potato
*red pepper
*green onion (to cover the skewers with, also the frilly green below the cauliflower)
*cabbage (cut in half, in the bottom of bowl to stick skewers in)
*turnip (large white and purple flowers)
*broccoli
*cauliflower
The BIG orange flowers are slices of sweet potatoes with bright red radish roses for centers
After slicing the veggies, especially the sweet potato and radishes, I placed them in baggies to keep them from drying out and getting too brittle.
This was not that hard, a few suggestions I have are: 1) use a mandolin slicer for your flower petals (sweet potato and turnip) so they are consistently the same width...you want them as thin as you can without them breaking, 2)use a bowl instead of a basket like the video shows...you never know where that basket has been, and 3) be creative with your left over veggies, that is how I came up with the frilly green onion/califlower idea.
Serve these beautiful arrangements with dip and you will have a HIT on your hands...every one last night couldn't stop telling me how cool it looked and wow great it tasted...presentation is half the meal, right?!
HAPPY CREATING and EATING TOO!!
This was a lot of fun and I would do it again! I had so many comments about how crative it was and that it looked great.
ReplyDelete