Just a few things I have done in the past two weeks since I got back from seeing my mom are:
~Project #1
I made a set of placemats (4) for my mom. If you are interested in seeing how easy it is here is the web-site called Sewing Republic by Bernina that has the directions and a quick video http://sewingrepublic.com/projectIdeas.html#/reversible_placemats/
~Project #2
I have a friend who just had a little girl, the same friend who helped me make the delicious cake in the previous post, and she wanted a nursing cover like the kind called "Hooter Hiders" so she sent me some instructions and fabric to put it together. It was simple and easy to finish quickly.
~Project #3
I have also put together a few aprons...full and half aprons.
~Project #4
I bought a fun pattern from a company called Indigo Junction called "Zipper Critters" and made one for my oldest girl who is 3 1/2. I am planning on being in a craft fair in October and have permission from the company to make up to 10 of them to sell without any charge due to copyrights. The little critters are basically a little pillow with a face and zipper mouth that opens into a pocket. Supper cute! Here is a link to the pattern with a picture
http://www.indygojunctioninc.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=855
~Project #5
There are lots of other little projects cut out waiting to put together such as pillow covers to add a little spice to my living room, who says you need to buy new pillows, just recover the ones you have! I went to Ikea and got some fun prints to liven up the tan couch, tan chair, and tan carpet we have. A little blahhhh for me right now.
~Project #6
Body makeover: I will be turning 30 in a few months and have set some goals as to where I want to be physically by then. I have a brother who is a bodybuilder and have been getting some tips from him. It has been just a few weeks since I really started working out and I FEEL SO GREAT!! and it's only going to get better :)
It takes a lot of energy to create and maintain a home (house, kids, happy husband, mama (me), and our one pet fish, etc.) but it makes me happy and I'm going to do it with all that I have...to the last drop!
Well, ta ta for now :)
Happy trails until next time.
Sorry no pictures of my latest projects. Our camera's memory card is missing so I can't transfer any pictures to the computer. Consequently, all of the pictures I took while at my mom's house and with family are gone too. Boo Hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment